By Travelzoo Staff
Get your roll on and perfect your sushi-making skills with this specialty cooking class at Ozumo Oakland, known for its "to-die-for" cuisine and rated "very good to excellent" by Zagat. Learn the basics of creating this traditional rice-and-fish combo and enjoy dinner with drinks for $45 per person, regularly $90.
Why we love it
- For $45 per person, become a sushi aficionado with this sushi-making class at Ozumo Oakland, regularly $90
- The experience features a chef's demo and hands-on sushi rolling, followed by dinner with drinks
- Dinner includes miso soup, edamame and Ozumo's signature rolls paired with sake and a cocktail
- One of Ozumo's head chefs will lead the class and each guest receives a take-home rolling kit
- Oakland Magazine says the "beginning sushi-rolling class delivers fun"
- 2 can take the class together for $85, regularly $180
Sept. 13, 2012 - Jan. 29, 2013
2251 Broadway Ave.
Oakland, CA 94612
- Oakland Magazine says the "beginning sushi-rolling class delivers fun," covering all the must-know details of creating the Japanese staple. Begin the class with a glass of Ozumo Seitoku Ginjo sake while one of Ozumo's head chefs demonstrates best practices. Gather the prepped ingredients and start rolling, shaping and tightening the rolls, then feast on your creations as part of the following dinner:
- Miso soup and garlic soy edamame
- Signature Ozumo rolls, such as the Bucho roll with tempura shrimp, crab meat, avocado and tobiko or the Sekiwake roll with spicy tuna, tobiko, tempura flakes, salmon and yellowtail
- Giddy Geisha signature cocktail with Grey Goose, lychee juice and passion fruit puree
- Chocolate fondue with seasonal fresh fruit
- Grab a friend and two of you can roll together for $85, regularly $180. Classes take place on select Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.: Sept 25; Oct 9, 23; Nov. 6, 27; Dec. 4; Jan 15, 29. Please reserve well ahead of time as classes will fill up quickly.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 25, through Jan. 29, 2013. Reservations are required and are subject to availability. Classes take place on select Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.: Sept 25; Oct 9, 23; Nov. 6, 27; Dec. 4; Jan 15, 29. Please reserve well ahead of time as classes will fill up quickly. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. Classes must have at least 15 reservations to run; subject to rescheduling/cancellation. Valid at the Ozumo Oakland location only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms