By Meghan Turner
For half off, tour the historic USS Potomac -- FDR's presidential yacht -- which is moored off Oakland's Jack London Square.
Why we love it
- The vessel was once dubbed the "floating White House" and hosted royalty and politicians
- Dockside tours provide a look into the former president's administration and personal life
- He "spent countless weekends" here, away from the "troubles of Depression and war" (LA Times)
- Former famous passengers include Queen Elizabeth
June 4, 2014 - Aug. 31, 2014; Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Potomac Association
540 Water St.
Oakland, CA 94607
- For $10 (reg. $20), two people can take this 45-minute guided dockside tour
Tours are held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. Tours depart up until 2:45 p.m.
The fine print
Valid starting June 4, 2014 during merchant's operating hours. Reservations are not required for parties under 10 people. Reservations are required for parties of 10 or more; call to make a reservation and reference voucher. No additional payment beyond gratuity and tax, if applicable, is required.
See all terms