By Mark Fredenburg
"'Be sure to go upstairs' for drinks ('the bartenders have great ghost stories')," says Zagat, while Fodor's calls the mansion's cuisine a top reason to visit Detroit.
Why we love it
- The Whitney just unveiled a new cocktail menu
- Hour Detroit named The Whitney's desserts the city's best; try one paired with Champagne
- The third-floor Ghost Bar originally served as the mansion's art gallery
- "Service was outstanding...food delicious and the ambiance beautiful!" (Travelzoo guest)
Oct. 4, 2013 - Feb. 9, 2014
4421 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
- For $29 (reg. $52), two people get cocktails and appetizers in Ghost Bar
Two drinks, including wine, beer or cocktails (up to $12 each)
Two appetizers or salads, such as calamari or the signature bruschetta (up to $14 each)
Or opt for Champagne and dessert for two in Ghost Bar, also $29 (reg. $52)
Two glasses of Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label
One dessert -- large enough for two people; choose Flaming Bananas Foster or Flaming Strawberry Sir Whitney
The fine print
Reservations are not accepted in Ghost Bar. Please call for availability during the holiday season as Ghost Bar may be closed for a private event. Limit one voucher per couple per visit. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid Oct. 31, 2013, Dec. 31, 2013 or during Auto Show Week (Jan. 17-26). Limit one voucher purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. Valid for two diners only. Valid in Ghost Bar only. Dine-in only. An automatic 20% gratuity and 6% sales tax will be added to the full value of the check.
See all terms