By Travelzoo Staff
The New York Times recently highlighted Baker's Keyboard Lounge, stating "[the] club has been home to generations of jazz greats." A veritable who's who of jazz legends -- Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane, Ella Fitzgerald and Cab Calloway -- have played Baker's, which opened in 1934 and dubs itself "the world's oldest jazz club."
Why we love it
- John Coltrane, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong have all played Baker's
- Visit the storied jazz club and get drinks and appetizers for 2 for $35
- The club was recently featured in a New York Times article on Detroit's music scene
- Yelp users give Baker's 4.5 stars
- For an additional $10, use this deal on a Friday or Saturday night
Nov. 6, 2012 - May 8, 2013
Baker's Keyboard Lounge
20510 Livernois Avenue
Detroit, MI 48221
- For $35, regularly $68, two people will receive admission, cocktails and appetizers during the week. Get the same deal for $10 more on Friday and Saturday.
- This deal includes two starters, sandwiches or entrees (regularly up to $11 each) such as chicken wings, macaroni and cheese or catfish nuggets, and four drinks (regularly up to $9 each), including premium liquor, wine and beer. The club's event calendar is updated frequently; check for upcoming shows. Baker's is closed on Mondays.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Nov. 8, through May 8, 2013. Present voucher upon arrival. This voucher is valid for 2 people only. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays, holiday weekends or special engagements. Not valid Nov. 23 - 24, Dec. 31 or Jan. 1. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms