By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $199, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame. This two-hour "Qualifier" package at the Michigan International Speedway saves $200 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $199, drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at the Michigan International Speedway, regularly $399
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes a track orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
April 18, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Michigan International Speedway
12626 U.S. Highway 12
Brooklyn, MI 49230
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an eight-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
The fine print
Current available race and ride-along dates are July 2-4, August 6-8, Sept. 20-22, Sept. 26-29, Oct. 11-14 and Oct. 18-20. Reservations are required and can be made here. Reservations are subject to availability, weather and track conditions. Must be 18 years or older with valid driver's license to drive; must be 14 or older to participate in a ride-along. Drivers must be between 5'-6'7" tall, and between 100-300 lbs. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms