By Travelzoo Staff
With this Local Deal, discover a "little piece of heaven on Earth" (Examiner.com) at Schedel Arboretum & Gardens, which TripAdvisor users rate an impressive 4.5 stars. For $5 per person, Travelzoo subscribers can save 50% on one-day admission to the pristine park -- a "labor of love and peacefulness" (Examiner.com) -- less than 30 miles from Toledo in Elmore.
Why we love it
- Visit this "little piece of heaven on Earth" (Examiner.com) that TripAdvisor users rate 4.5 stars
- Explore the 17-acre Schedel Arboretum & Gardens with a 1-day pass for half off
- Saves on adult, senior and child tickets all season
- For $25, get a family membership for unlimited visits throughout the season
- Stroll through more than 10,000 annuals, including tea roses and Japanese maple trees
- The gardens are less than 30 miles from Toledo and 80 miles from Detroit
April 24, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
Schedel Arboretum & Gardens
19255 W. Portage River S. Rd.
Elmore, OH 43416
- The arboretum was once home to Joseph and Marie Schedel, who cultivated the 17-acre oasis into the park that has been open to the public since 1991. "Surround yourself with beauty and tranquility" says Ohio Magazine and explore more than 10,000 annuals with a self-guided tour booklet. Visitors can stroll through a variety of beautifully manicured gardens, including the Japanese garden featuring a 30-foot waterfall, the tropical garden and the rose garden boasting more than 80 varieties.
- Or visit the gardens for an entire season with a family membership for $25, regularly $50, which is less than the cost of two family trips. This deal is valid for up to two adults and two dependent children (under 12 years old); children age 5 and younger are free with a paid adult. Note: The gardens are open April-October only. Family memberships must be activated at the gardens by Oct. 31, 2013. The membership will expire 1 calendar year from the day you redeem the voucher.
Take a piece of the gardens home with you; perennials and trees like Japanese Zelkova and Bald Cypress will be available for sale starting May 1.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 26, through Oct. 31, 2013. Reservations are not required. $25 membership voucher must be redeemed at the gardens to activate the membership; membership will expire 1 calendar year from the day you redeem the voucher. Not valid on major holidays. The gardens are closed on Mondays, Memorial Day (May 27), Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day (Sept. 2) and Sept. 8. Children 5 years old and younger are free with paid adult. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms