By Travelzoo Staff
The Detroit Free Press calls Jim Chamberlin "the man of steelhead" due to his prolific career fishing for trout in the famed "Steelhead Alley" area of Northeast Ohio and Pennsylvania. With this Local Deal from Fish With Jim Outfitters, Travelzoo subscribers can set off on a guided river fishing trip including gear for $119 (regularly $275).
Why we love it
- For $119, set off on a guided 5-hour fishing trip in "Steelhead Alley"
- This deal includes a guide and equipment
- Take home up to 2 (Ohio) or 3 (Pennsylvania) fish
- The Detroit Free Press says fishing Ohio rivers in the winter is "productive and fun"
- For $199, regularly $350, 2 people can book the same trip and save $39 on the per-person price
Dec. 16, 2012 - Dec. 6, 2013
Fish With Jim Outfitters
5404 Lake Rd.
Sheffield Lake, OH 44054
- Winter is a great time of year for fishing Northeast Ohio's rivers, as
- fish move into the Ohio and Pennsylvania streams looking for spawning gravel. Take advantage with this deal that includes: a customized three- to five-mile trip on an area river, all necessary gear and tackle, and the chance to take home up to two fish (12 inches or larger).
- Travelzoo has negotiated a number of options, select:
- $119 - Five-hour guided walking trip for one person, regularly $275
- $194 - Eight-hour guided walking trip for one person, regularly $325
- $199 - Five-hour guided boat trip for two people, regularly $350
- $299 - Eight-hour guided boat trip for two people, regularly $425
- $350 - Five-hour guided boat trip for four people, regularly $750
- $525 - Eight-hour guided boat trip for four people, regularly $875
- All fishing trips require a valid Ohio fishing license, which can be purchased here, and start at $11 for one day. One-person tours will be walking/wading tours. Two- and four-person tours will be held on a raft or boat, or may be walking/wading tours if water levels are too low.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, through Dec. 6, 2013. Fish With Jim does not offer fly fishing trips. Reservations are required and are subject to availability. Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled due to river conditions. Raft trips are subject to weather conditions or may be walking/wading tours if water levels are too low. One-person tours will be walking/wading tours. Two- and four- person tours will be held on a raft or boat. Trips rescheduled or cancelled with less than 7 days' notice are subject to a $75 rescheduling fee. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms