By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can feel their adrenaline pumping when they get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $159, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. This 2-hour "Qualifier" package saves $160 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $159, drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at Iowa Speedway, regularly $319
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes an orientation session followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or, for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
Nov. 19, 2012 - Dec. 31, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
3333 Rusty Wallace Drive
Newton, IA 50208
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an 8-lap race around the short track. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or, for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
The fine print
The race experience takes place May 26, June 1-2, July 20-21 and 26-28, Aug. 17-18, 23-25 and 30-31, Sept. 1, 21-22 and 27-29 and Oct. 19-20 and 25-27. If more race dates are added, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Vouchers can be redeemed 24 hours after purchase. Online reservations are required at racewithrusty.com/schedule. Drivers must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds and under 300 pounds and 6 feet 7 inches tall. Those under the age of 14 cannot participate in the Ride-Along experience. Riders must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds. Drivers must be 18 years old with a valid driver's license. For riders under 18, parental consent is required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms