By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $199, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was just inducted into the Hall of Fame this month. This 2.5-hour "Shootout" package at the Iowa Speedway saves $200 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $199, drive a real race car in a 12-lap race at the Iowa Speedway, regularly $399
- This "Shootout" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2.5 hours
- It includes a 45-minute orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or, for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 4-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
Sept. 6, 2012 - Oct. 28, 2012
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
3333 Rusty Wallace Drive
Newton, IA 50208
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a 45-minute classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for a 12-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or, for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a four-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
The fine print
Note: This deal is limited to 150 vouchers sold per driving experience. This deal may sell out before the "Time to Buy" has expired. Races take place Oct. 7, 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28. Vouchers can be redeemed 24 hours after purchase. Online reservations are required at www.racewithrusty.com/travelzoo. If more race dates are added to the schedule, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved by Oct. 27, 2012. Drivers must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds and under 300 pounds and 6 feet 7 inches tall. Riders must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds. Drivers must be 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license. Must be at least 14 years old to participate in the ride-along. If under 18 years old, parental consent is required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms