By Travelzoo Staff
According to The New York Times, The Commons Hotel "telegraphs a geek-chic attitude" where "the accent inside is on Minnesota, with walls of reclaimed barn wood." Escape here for the weekend for $129 per night and save 40% on current rates.
Why we love it
- Arrive Thursdays-Saturdays, or check in Sundays-Wednesdays instead for $199 per night; valid through Sept. 30. Each deal includes a $25 food and beverage credit at the hotel’s gastropub, Beacon Public House.
- Chill out in a deluxe room outfitted in brown leather, blue velvet and argyle accents. Peruse famous works in the library lounge, or tap into the expertise of the hotel’s book butler to snag the perfect read.
- Use the credit to start the morning with breakfast in bed, complete with a Sudoku puzzle on the room-service tray, or to savor hand-crafted cocktails, caprese cheese curds and regional cuisine at the hotel restaurant.
- Stroll around the University of Minnesota campus or head to downtown Minneapolis, a mile from the hotel. The Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Target Field (home of the Minnesota Twins) are within 3.5 miles.
The Commons Hotel
615 Washington Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
What's included & when
- May 31, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
- Minneapolis "geek-chic" escape at The Commons Hotel in the University District at 40% off
- $129 per night, Thursdays-Saturdays
- $199 per night, Sundays-Wednesdays
- $25 to spend on food and beverages at the on-site gastropub
- Buy multiple vouchers to stay multiple nights
- Travel through Sept. 30
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 612-379-8888 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: June 11-12, 25-26; July 16-20, 29-31; Aug. 1-5; Sept. 27-28. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms