By Travelzoo Staff
Now visitors who want to experience the charm of downtown Dubuque in the summertime can stay at one of the top hotels in town for nearly 60% off regular rates. For $99 per night Sundays-Thursdays through July, two people can sink into overnight accommodations in an Executive Queen room at Hotel Julien, rated the No. 1 hotel in Dubuque by TripAdvisor readers and featured on Midwest Living Magazine's most recent list of the Top New Places To Stay.
Why we love it
- This deal also includes $20 to spend at on-site Caroline’s Restaurant, a popular spot for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks.
- For a more robust experience, lounge in a spacious Luxury Queen or Premier King suite, plus receive a $20 dining credit, a $50 spa credit for a service at the on-site Potosa Spa and a wine tasting for two at nearby Stone Cliff Winery in the Historic Star Brewery Building along the Mississippi River. Guests can try five tastings and get an etched wineglass to take home. This package is available daily through July for $199, a savings of 50%.
- All rooms at Hotel Julien feature complimentary Wi-Fi and refrigerators. Select the Premier King Suite and find a full kitchen with granite countertops and full-size appliances. Or choose the Luxury Queen Suite with a separate living room with sleeper sofa.
- The Hotel Julien, which was established in the mid-1800s and has hosted the likes of Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain and Al Capone, overlooks the Port of Dubuque on the Mississippi River and is within walking distance of an array of shops, restaurants and bars.
- Other nearby attractions include the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, the Diamond Jo Casino and the "Field of Dreams" movie site, a timely destination for a summer getaway.
200 Main Street
Dubuque, IA 52001
What's included & when
- May 14, 2013 - July 31, 2013
- Dubuque getaway for 2 at the historic Hotel Julien -- rated Dubuque's No. 1 hotel on TripAdvisor -- at nearly 60% off regular prices
- $99 per night in Executive Queen room, Sunday-Thursday stays
- $20 dining credit for use at the on-site restaurant
- $199 per night in suite including $20 dining credit, $50 spa credit and 2 wine tastings, available any day of the week (reg. $399)
- Travel through July
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo, then call the hotel directly at 800-798-7098 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on May 24-26; June 14-15; July 5-7. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. The $20 dining credit can be used in Caroline’s Restaurant. The $50 spa credit can be used in the Potosa Spa. The wine tastings take place at nearby Stone Cliff Winery. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms