By Travelzoo Staff
"Small Southern touches... turn the breakfast and lunch offerings into something special" at The Universal, one of 5280 Magazine's Best New Restaurants of 2013. Two can kick-start their day with "big, soul-stirring" plates at this popular, "sunlit" destination (5280) starting at $19, regularly up to $38.
Why we love it
- Fill up with breakfast or lunch for less than $10 per person
- Pick 2 entrees and 2 drinks, like mimosas or bloody marys
- The grits are "borderline transcendent" (Denver Post)
- Menu is "spiced with Southern flair" (5280.com)
June 4, 2013 - Sept. 22, 2013
The Universal Cafe
2914 W. 38th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211
- Order breakfast, brunch or lunch from the "globally inspired menu" (5280):
- Any two entrees, like the "spectacular" grits of the day (5280), cornbread rancheros, or house-smoked pulled pork sandwich
- Two drinks (up to $6 value), including coffee drinks, the classic bloody mary or mimosa with orange, cranberry and grapefruit
- Go on a weekday for $19 for 2 (valid Tuesday-Friday anytime), or visit anytime Tuesday-Sunday for $25 for 2.
The fine print
Note: Saturdays and Sundays are very busy at The Universal -- please expect a wait during core morning hours. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, June 4, through Sept. 22, 2013. The $19 voucher is valid anytime Tuesday-Friday. The $25 voucher is valid anytime Tuesday-Sunday. The Universal is closed on Monday. Limit 2 vouchers per table. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms