By Jen Lee
One of Colorado's most popular biking destinations, the scenic Glenwood Canyon trail winds along the Colorado River and through the White River National Forest.
Why we love it
- Last opportunity to ride this season -- use your voucher before Oct. 31
- Trail offers up to 16 miles of riding and earns a perfect 5-star TripAdvisor rating
- Makes a great end-of-summer family or group trip
- Rent a comfort road-mountain hybrid bike with a cushy seat
Oct. 4, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
Sunlight Mountain Resort
Sunlight Ski and Bike Shop
309 9th St.
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- For $19 (reg. $35), get an all-day bike rental and shuttle transportation to the Glenwood Canyon bike trail from Sunlight Ski and Bike Shop in downtown Glenwood Springs
Covers a full-day comfort hybrid bike rental and all necessary gear, including helmet, water bottle case and saddlebags
You'll get dropped off at Dotsero (16-mile ride back) or Bear Ranch (14.5-mile ride back)
Note: White River National Forest is currently closed due to the government shutdown, but the trail is open.
Stop along the way for a hike to Hanging Lake -- one of the state's most popular outdoor destinations -- which boasts a picturesque lake and waterfall (hike takes approximately two hours round-trip).
The fine print
Reservations are required. Must sign waiver to participate. Minimum two people required for shuttle to run. Availability subject to weather conditions.
See all terms