By Travelzoo Staff
Surrounded by pine-speckled mountains 30 minutes from downtown Denver, the 40-acre Evergreen Lake is "the kind other mountain towns would kill for," according to Sunset Magazine. 5280.com adds that "if you haven’t spent time in this quintessential mountain town lately, it is time to rediscover her charms." Discover (or rediscover) the idyllic waters of Evergreen with this deal for a one-hour canoe or paddleboat rental for $9 (reg. $16).
Why we love it
- 5280.com says the best part of Evergreen is the "incredible scenic views"
- For $9 (reg. $16), canoe or paddleboat at Evergreen Lake House for an hour
- 10Best.com praises Evergreen's "serene but easily accessible" waters
- Temperatures in Evergreen are regularly up to 10 degrees cooler than downtown Denver
- Yelp and TripAdvisor users rate the lake 4.5 stars
April 22, 2013 - Sept. 22, 2013
Evergreen Park & Recreation District
29612 Upper Bear Creek Road
Evergreen, CO 80439
- Canoes and paddleboats can accommodate up to four people for an hour on the water. Due to the altitude in Evergreen, daily temperatures can be up to 10 degrees cooler than Denver, making this a perfect escape for the drier summer months.
- Fishing on the lake is also available for no additional charge, so you can bring your rod and reel and cast away -- the waters are regularly stocked with rainbow trout and tiger muskie. Just don't forget your license, as they can't be bought on-site. Bait is available for purchase.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, May 11, through Sept. 22, 2013. Valid weekends only from May 11-May 30 and Aug.19-Sept. 22; valid 7 days a week from May 31-Aug. 18, weather permitting. A $7 deposit must be left before rental; deposit will be returned at end of rental period upon return of boat. Boat availability dependent on weather; boats will not be allowed on the lake during inclement weather. Limit 1 voucher usage per visit. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms