By Travelzoo Staff
Outer Edge Performance has received praise for its outdoor activities from the Denver Post and NPR, and the company's trained expedition leaders have years of climbing experience (many are certified by the American Mountain Guides Association). With this offer, harness up and hit the slopes with a half-day ice climbing experience for $49, regularly $95. Half-day spring and summer rock climbs can also be booked in advance for $29, regularly $65.
Why we love it
- Spend a half day getting vertical with Outer Edge Performance for $49 per person
- Climbers will head to one of many locations for a 4-hour guided ice climb
- All required equipment -- including helmet, harness, crampons and ice axe -- is provided
- These treks are perfect for entry-level climbers and novice belayers
- Get unique views of the Front, Central or Northern mountain ranges
- Plan ahead and purchase a summer rock climbing trip for $29
Jan. 11, 2013 - March 31, 2013
Outer Edge Performance
Multiple Climb Locations Available
Denver, CO 80211
- This four-hour trek begins with a safety briefing and a hike into the climb site in groups of about six climbers; locations include spots in Cascade Falls and Silver Plume. Trained instructors will teach the basics of ice climbing -- including concepts like belaying, how to set anchors, proper use of ropes and knots as well as correct climb techniques -- before students ascend up the ice.
- Early access to Outer Edge's spring and summer rock climbs are also available. A half-day trek for one is $29, regularly $65. Locations include North Table Mountain, Boulder Canyon and the Red Rock Canyon open space.
The fine print
Vouchers for the ice climbing experience can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Jan. 15, through March 31, 2013; rock climbing vouchers can be redeemed starting April 5 through Oct. 13, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 72 hours’ notice. Not valid on major holidays. Location for ice climbing excursions are subject to change due to snow/ice conditions. In case of cancellations forced by weather, Outer Edge will reschedule the climb for a later date. Limit 3 vouchers can be purchased per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms