By Travelzoo Staff
Saddle up and traverse the mountain trails above Estes Park with this Local Deal from Estes Park Horseback Riding starting at $19, regularly $40. Riders depart from the historic 19th-century Elkhorn Lodge and spend up to an hour and a half traveling around Old Man and Elkhorn mountains and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Why we love it
- For $19, regularly $40, spend an hour riding the trails of Estes Park on horseback and enjoy a mug of hot chocolate
- Or for $35, regularly $75, take a 90-minute trail ride after a continental breakfast
- Excursions begin at the historic Elkhorn Lodge and feature views of the Continental Divide, Estes Valley and Longs Peak
- Buy now and plan for the holidays or even next year; vouchers can be redeemed through June 1
Sept. 28, 2012 - June 2, 2013
Estes Park Horseback Riding
600 W. Elkhorn Ave.
Estes Park, CO 80517
- During the ride, take in views of Estes Valley, Longs Peak and the Continental Divide and keep an eye out for wildlife such as elk, coyotes and the occasional black bear.
- Choose from the following rides:
- For $19, take an hourlong horseback trail ride with a mug of hot chocolate, regularly $40
- For $35, spend a morning on the trails after a continental breakfast of fresh fruit, muffins, Danish pastries and beverages like coffee, hot chocolate and orange juice; this 90-minute horseback ride is regularly $75
- Hourlong rides take place between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily; continental breakfast rides take place at 8 a.m. Riders can travel to elevations of up to 9,000 feet.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Oct. 1 through June 1, 2013. Please tip on the full value of the experience. Must sign waiver to ride. Must be under 300 pounds to ride; please inform Estes Park Horseback at time of reservation of riders who weigh between 250-300 pounds to reserve draft horses. Children ages 2 and up may take pony rides led by a wrangler, children ages 3-5 may ride double with a parent or legal guardian and independent rides (depending on experience and comfort level) can be taken by children ages 6 and up. Continental Breakfast Rides are available in November, April and May only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms