By Heather Georgianna
Hop aboard the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad for an "entertainment-filled excursion through one of the most beautiful and historic areas" in the Rockies (5280).
Why we love it
- Catch the "beautiful sounds of the western folk artists" (303 Magazine)
- "Trains and music. They're inexorably intertwined" says the Chicago Tribune
- 303 Magazine declares the view "unbeatable"
- Ten shows offered throughout the summer
June 15, 2014 - Sept. 14, 2014; select Sundays
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
610 State Ave.
Alamosa, CO 81101
- $19 (reg. $38), for two adult economy class tickets
- $5 (reg. $9), for one children's ticket (ages 2-12)
- Performers include Michael Martin Murphey, Trout Fishing in America and Juice Newton
- "Trains will take passengers directly to the concert site at Fir, an
amphitheater only accessible by railroad car [and] powered solely by
wind and solar energy" (5280)
- All tours are round trip and board at both the Alamosa and Fort Garland stations
Take advantage of the new depot in Fort Garland,
and save half an hour on the drive from Colorado Springs, Pueblo or Denver.
The fine print
Valid June 15, 2014 - Sept. 14, 2014; Sunday shows only. Tours leave at 10 a.m. Not valid June 22 or June 29. Valid for economy class tickets only. Click here for full schedule. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value.
See all terms