By Travelzoo Staff
Sneak away to the Cuchara Valley of southern Colorado, deemed a "true mountain rural setting" by Fodor's, with an exclusive two-night getaway for $139 that includes daily breakfast. At a savings of nearly 50% on regular pricing, this deal from the La Veta Inn is available for arrivals any day of the week through March 30.
Why we love it
- Tranquility abounds at this charming Spanish Peaks Country inn, which offers a location convenient to a plethora of outdoor activities. Once snow blankets this area, cross-country ski the wooded terrain or take a guided snowshoe excursion to a mountain lake for skating. Warmer-weather activities include hiking in San Isabel National Forest, golfing at the nearby championship course or biking the surrounding trails, which are also great to explore by horseback.
- For an additional $50, buy a package that also includes a scotch or tequila tasting for two at the inn (regularly $110). Guests will sip five 1.5-ounce pours of tequila or scotch while enjoying a selection of appetizers the inn's chef paired specifically with the liquor.
- Getting here: La Veta Inn is in La Veta, Colo., about three hours south of Denver and three hours north of Santa Fe. Each guest room is unique and decorated by a local artist.
La Veta Inn
103 W. Ryus Ave
La Veta, CO 81055
What's included & when
- Oct. 3, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- Secluded retreat for 2 at southern Colorado's La Veta Inn at 50% off
- $139 for 2 nights in a room with decor inspired by local artists (reg. $218)
- Daily breakfast for 2 (reg. $50)
- For $50 more, guests can also partake in a scotch or tequila tasting for 2 at the inn (reg. $110)
- Check in any day of the week through March 30
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 719-742-3700 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms