By Travelzoo Staff
Named after the owner’s mom, Ellen’s Southern Kitchen in the West End serves celebrated comfort food that may give your mother's cooking a run for its money; CultureMap
praises the array of "home-cooking classics," and the Dallas Observer
says the kitchen “cooks with soul.” For $19, Travelzoo subscribers receive $40 to spend on dinner at the eatery that receives an impressive 5-star rating on TripAdvisor.
Why we love it
- For $19, get $40 to spend on dinner at Ellen's Southern Kitchen in the West End
- Ellen's earns 4.5 stars and higher on Yelp and TripAdvisor; more than half of users give it a perfect score
- Order anything on the menu, including breakfast that's served all day
- Save even more when you bring a group of 4; for $35, dine on $80 worth of comfort fare
Jan. 30, 2013 - April 30, 2013
Ellen's Southern Kitchen
1718 North Market St.
Dallas, TX 75202
- While this deal is good for any items on the menu, including breakfast dishes, we recommend:
- A shared salad, such as the restaurant's crowd-pleasing Crunchy Maters salad with field greens, goat cheese and Southern fried tomatoes
- Two entrees, such as chicken fried steak, described as "perfect" by the Dallas Observer, with a side of smoked mac 'n' cheese and fried okra; or Cajun shrimp and grits with crispy bacon, tomato and spinach
- A shared dessert: try Southern classics like buttermilk pie and banana pudding
- Or for $35, regularly $80, go with a group of four and have breakfast for dinner for less than $9 per person. Thrillist recommends the biscuits and gravy and eggs Benedict.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Jan. 31, through April 30, 2013. Valid for dinner only (5-10 p.m.). Reservations are required. Valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends, including but not limited to Valentine's Day (Feb. 14). Valid for dine-in only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms