By Travelzoo Staff
Explore 250 acres of scenic ponds, creeks, forest trails and prairies with this Local Deal for a guided horseback ride at Sleepy Sheep Ranch in Whitewright, Texas. Travelzoo subscribers can take a three-hour trail ride including a campfire dinner for $59 per person, regularly $140. The experience earns a perfect 5-star rating on Yelp.
Why we love it
- Sleepy Sheep Ranch in Whitewright earns a perfect 5-star review on Yelp
- 3-hour guided ride through ponds, creeks, forest trails and prairies on the 250-acre ranch
- Includes dinner like grass-fed beef or farm-raised chicken cooked over an open flame
- Trails take riders past an 1800s-era cemetery and paths once used for mail delivery
- Book the ride for 2 people for $115 (reg. $280) or 4 people for $225 (reg. $560)
March 11, 2013 - Sept. 13, 2013
Sleepy Sheep Ranch
9324 S. FM 898
Whitewright, TX 75491
- Saddle up on a quarter or paint horse and set out in a group of no more than 10 people. Halfway through the ride, the group will break at one of the ranch's gazebos to make dinner over an open flame. Take your pick of entrees, including grass-fed beef, farm-raised chicken and smoked brisket, along with vegetables grown on the ranch like corn, sweet potatoes and peppers. Dinner will be served with your choice of beverage such as water, tea or a soft drink.
- Round up friends and family and save even more: Buy a voucher for two riders for $115 (reg. $280) or four people for $225 (reg. $560). Rides are held Wednesday through Sunday at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Or really get the hang of a ranching lifestyle with the five-hour "City Slicker" experience, which includes a lesson from a cowboy wrangler on how to move a Texas longhorn while on horseback, a lesson on how to herd a group of longhorns and a relaxing three-hour trail ride with dinner. This package is $149 per person, regularly $280.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, March 13, through Sept. 13, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to weather conditions. Trail rides are offered Wednesday-Sunday at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must weigh less than 270 pounds to participate. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms