By Travelzoo Staff
Escape the city and head to Lake Ray Hubbard, just 20 minutes northeast of Dallas, with this exclusive Local Deal for a three-hour guided kayak tour. For $19 per person, regularly $40, these nature adventures with Kayak Instruction Inc. start in April, so book early for the best availability.
Why we love it
- These 3-hour guided tours are led by a father-daughter team
- The lake is an excellent place to spot bald eagles, great blue heron, egrets and coyotes
- Lake Ray Hubbard is part of the Texas Paddling Trail
- Or for $72, paddle with a group of 4 and save 55%
- Stand-up paddleboards are also available to rent for $10 for 2 hours
March 14, 2013 - Sept. 1, 2013
Kayak Instruction Inc.
Paddle Point Park
6800 Miller Rd.
Rowlett, TX 75088
- Father-daughter team Dave and Marie Holl take kayakers along the Texas Paddling Trail while pointing out bald eagles, great blue heron, coyotes and other wildlife. The tour begins at Paddle Point Park with a brief safety overview and boating instruction. Once on the water, watch for wildlife along the shoreline as well as in the trees.
- Or for $72, regularly $160, a group of four people can take the tour together and save 55%. For a more strenuous day on the water, rent a stand-up paddleboard for two hours for $10, regularly $20.
- More than 80 weekend sailings are available throughout summer; click "Buy Now" to purchase a voucher, go online and pick a weekend that works best, then call to reserve your spot.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, April 6, through Sept. 1, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to cancellation based on local weather conditions. Tours are held on weekends. Paddleboard rentals are valid on Saturdays and Sundays only before June 10 and any day of the week after June 10. Please tip on the full value of the experience. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms