By Travelzoo Staff
The National Geographic Society has been documenting the world through the lenses of its photographers' cameras for nearly 125 years. In conjunction with National Geographic Traveler magazine, photographers and editors will share their expertise in a Nature & Landscape seminar. For $99 per person, regularly $195, take part in this all-day experience.
Why we love it
- For $99, regularly $195, enroll in a photography seminar from National Geographic Traveler
- Seminars are led by photographers & editors with decades of experience
- Learn from award-winning instructors how to make your nature photos look great
- Lunch is provided for this all-day experience
April 18, 2013 - May 4, 2013
National Geographic Traveler
Columbus Museum of Art; Cardinal Health Auditorium
480 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Tel: 505-983-1400 ext, 11
- The event takes place Saturday, May 4, at the Columbus Museum of Art, and requires no special equipment -- just an interest in learning from professional travel photographers. Lunch will be provided, and discussion topics for this seminar will include:
- Nature photography basics including how to best use natural and overcast light, working in challenging weather conditions and managing your focus
- Details on the elements that make a great outdoor photograph, including proper framing, use of backgrounds and edges and avoiding common mistakes
- Essential gear for nature photography; you'll learn what you need and more importantly, what to leave at home
- Instructors Michael Melford and Eddie Soloway are both award-winning nature photographers with decades of world-wide experience between them. They'll tell behind-the-scenes stories about their time in the field, and what kind of research and preparation goes into the making of a National Geographic photo feature.
The fine print
Note: Number of seats available to be sold is limited. This deal may sell out before the "Time to Buy" has expired. Voucher can be redeemed Saturday, May 4. Event takes place 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Reservations via email are required. Must email the address on voucher to confirm. The cutoff date to make reservations is 5 p.m. on Friday May 3, 2013. Date-specific event, all sales final. Nonrefundable by National Geographic once purchased. Offer not valid for previous registrations. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms