By Travelzoo Staff
calls River North's Bistro Voltaire one of the city's best, praising the classic fare and the modern interior while recommending the patio for prime end-of-summer people watching. With this offer, share a platter of oysters and sip glasses of wine while watching the world go by for $29, regularly $62.
Why we love it
- "A study in French classics" (Crain's Chicago Business)
- Named one of Chicago's best bistros by CBS Chicago
- Zagat praises Bistro Voltaire's "delicate, refined" flavors
- Just steps from the Chicago Avenue Brown Line stop
Aug. 12, 2013 - Dec. 13, 2013
226 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60654
- Two diners can take a seat on the patio or cozy up to the bar and share a platter of a dozen Blue Point oysters, served with a garlicky mignonette and cocktail sauce. While sampling the oysters, each patron can sip any glass of wine (up to $13 each) from Bistro Voltaire's list of all-French selections.
- Those who aren't fans of shellfish can swap the oysters for a charcuterie or cheese plate, featuring gourmet meats and French fromage.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Tuesday, Aug. 13, through Dec. 13, 2013. Reservations not required. Vouchers will be redeemed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Valid for use in the bar or on the patio only. Not valid after 7:00 p.m. Friday-Saturday. Limit 1 voucher per table. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms