By Travelzoo Staff
The Chicago Reader
calls Oceanique an "elegant gem" of Evanston, praising the "artistic and well-executed" seafood dishes prepared by chef and owner Mark Grosz; Zagat agrees, awarding the restaurant a rating of "excellent" (25) and naming it Chicago's best seafood restaurant since 1993. With this offer, savor an ever-changing five-course chef's menu starting at $40 per person.
Why we love it
- For $79, indulge in a special chef's 5-course dinner for 2 at Oceanique (reg. $160)
- "The 'fancy,' 'formal' setting and 'top-notch service' further elevate the experience" (Zagat)
- Zagat also praises the "dazzling ... expertly prepared" cuisine
- "Derring-do gets blended with common sense, and the result is an exciting and enjoyable ride" (Sun-Times)
- 1 can dine for $40, or book a table for 4 for $150 and save the most
April 19, 2013 - Oct. 19, 2013
505 Main St.
Evanston, IL 60202
- For $40, regularly $80, reserve a seat for one
- For $79, regularly $160, set a date for a table for two
- For $150, regularly $320, dine with friends at a table for four
- Focused on seasonal ingredients prepared with a French sensibility, the menu changes daily and utilizes the best available products. This recent sample menu includes an amuse bouche from the chef to start, followed by courses featuring choices of lobster, diver scallops or organic salmon, and a selection of chef's pastries for dessert.
- Recent Travelzoo visitors call Oceanique "just about perfect ... the food was fresh and divine!" Located in downtown Evanston steps from the Main Street CTA and Metra stops, valet parking is available and patio dining will open in the coming spring and summer months as well.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 19, through Oct. 19, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. No limit per person, may buy unlimited additional as gifts. May use multiple vouchers per table. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid with Monday's "No Corkage" promotion (can still use voucher on Mondays). Not valid during Northwestern's commencement (June 21, 22, 2013). An 18% gratuity will be applied to bill before discount is applied. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms