By Travelzoo Staff
For two years running, the deca Restaurant + Bar at Chicago's Ritz-Carlton has earned a Bib Gourmand nod from the international Michelin Guide, while Crain's Chicago Business crows that deca "charms us with brasserie attitude, polished service and alfresco ambiance." With this deal, a three-course dining experience along with a cocktail is just $45, regularly $71.
Why we love it
- Zagat rates the "fresh, well prepared" cuisine at deca Restaurant + Bar "very good to excellent" (22)
- HauteLiving.com calls deca the "secret weapon" of the Ritz-Carlton
- Sample a 3-course dinner with a cocktail for one for $45, regularly $71
- Get the same deal for 2 for $85 and combine multiple vouchers for a party of 4
- Or, sample 4 cocktails at the bar for $35, regularly $56
Jan. 22, 2013 - March 31, 2013
deca Restaurant + Bar at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago
160 E. Pearson
Chicago, IL 60611
- Diners can select the following from Executive Chef Mark Payne's brasserie-inspired menu:
- Any selection from the hors d'oeuvre menu; start with steak tartare, a charcuterie plate or the chicken liver and foie gras mousse that the Chicago Reader called "as silky, flavorful, and delicate as could be" (up to $17)
- An entree like mussels and frites served with saffron and curry, or steak au poivre with duck fat roasted potatoes; selections include nightly specialties like sole meuniere and coq au vin (up to $32, excludes only the lobster thermidor)
- Any dessert like the lemon tart from Chef Payne's family recipe or the "deca-dent" 10-layer chocolate cake the Sun-Times called "spectacular in every respect" (up to $8)
- A cocktail like the Pear Necessity with Grey Goose pear vodka, St. Germaine, white grape juice and a squeeze of lemon, or a glass of wine like 2009 Guigal Cotes du Rhone (up to $14)
- Diners can choose to bring a date and enjoy dinner for two for $85, regularly $142, or purchase multiple vouchers and visit with a group of four. Those just interested in sipping some drinks at the bar can purchase a voucher for four cocktails for $35, regularly $56, and all food purchased at the bar receives an extra 25% discount.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Jan. 22, through March 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Limit 4 dinner customers per table can dine in conjunction with a voucher. Limit 1 cocktail voucher per party per visit. Not valid for special events, major holidays or holiday weekends including but not limited to Restaurant Week (Feb. 1-10) and Feb. 14-16. Valid for dine-in only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms