By Travelzoo Staff
Superlatives aren't sparse for Yusho. Chicago Magazine calls the Avondale Japanese eatery one of this year's Best New Restaurants in Chicago; Bon Appetit calls it one of the best new restaurants in America; and Eater Chicago just named it Restaurant of the Year. With this exclusive offer for $85, take a seat at the chef's counter facing the kitchen for a seven-course tasting menu from acclaimed chef Matthias Merges along with a welcome cocktail.
Why we love it
- Take a seat at the chef's counter at the critically acclaimed Yusho, starting at $85 for 1 diner
- Enjoy a 7-course tasting menu along with a welcome cocktail per person
- The Chicago Tribune calls Yusho "a masterstroke ... consistently rewarding"
- The Chicago Reader recommends the restaurant's "artful plates"
Nov. 20, 2012 - May 24, 2013
2853 N. Kedzie Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
- The menu changes frequently to take advantage of seasonal ingredients, but current examples include: young trout with puffed rice and tofu, soft shell crab with charred fennel and soy gel, and grilled foie gras mochi with passion fruit.
- Two can enjoy the same experience for $169, or four can take the whole counter for $335.
- Settle into the space that Time Out Chicago gave a Fresh Air Award for Restaurant Design, then sip on a draft cocktail created by mixologist Alex Bachman, followed by an ever-changing menu of Yusho favorites and special off-menu items created by chef Merges, who spent 14 years running the kitchen at Charlie Trotter's before opening Yusho.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Note: Number of vouchers sold is limited; this deal may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Nov. 23, through May 23, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Must call to make a reservation; must specify chef's table and reference Travelzoo voucher. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Tax and a 20% automatic gratuity will be added to the total value of the experience. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms