By Travelzoo Staff
After taking a break to produce his "Future Food" program on the Discovery Network, internationally recognized chef Homaro Cantu is back leading the kitchen at iNG Restaurant, a forward-thinking venue The New York Times
praises for cuisine that is "all over the map, in the best possible way." With this exclusive Local Deal, Chef Cantu will serve up a 10-course tasting menu for $99 per person. Or, book a table for two for $195
Why we love it
- For $99, receive a special 10-course tasting menu with a choice of a welcome cocktail at iNG Restaurant
- Or book a table for 2 for $195, an even better value
- iNG's current regular menu is just 6 courses, making this an exclusive experience
- "Top Cheftestant" Richie Farina is iNG's chef de cuisine
- Comes with a choice of cocktail or sparkling wine upon arrival; additional drink pairings can be purchased for $35 per diner
Sept. 28, 2012 - Dec. 11, 2012
951 W. Fulton Market St.
Chicago, IL 60607
- This unique culinary experience on Fulton Market starts with a cocktail per person upon arrival -- either a Kimura cocktail with vodka, St. Germain and grapefruit; a "smoked" Manhattan with scotch and bourbon; or a glass of sparkling prosecco. Then enjoy ever-changing dishes crafted by chef de cuisine Richie Farina and Chef Cantu himself, which may include:
- Special offerings inspired by Martin Scorsese films, with clips of his movies projected on the walls and soundtracks from his films playing while you dine
- Menu items range from savory veal and onion jam cannoli that look just like the normally sweet pastry, to a "Color of Money"-inspired arancini course that looks like a cue ball with Parmesan "pool chalk"
- When we visited last, we loved the watermelon "sushi" wrapped in coconut rice and bacon, the short rib with "corn bread" three ways (including one flash-frozen with liquid nitrogen) and a mousse cake made to look like a stick of butter, served with a carbonated orange.
- The most recent Michelin Guide recommended iNG Restaurant as a "characteristically unusual" spot where diners should "expect the unexpected." Tasting menus change approximately every six weeks, and seatings take place throughout the fall on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Oct. 2, through Dec. 11, 2012. Reservations are required; please call 855-8-DINING. Must make reservation a minimum of 24 hours in advance and mention Travelzoo voucher. Please mention any allergies or dietary restrictions when making reservation. Vouchers can only be redeemed Tuesdays-Thursdays. Valid for dine-in only. Tasting menu subject to change. Tax and gratuity are not included. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in 1 visit.
After you book your table, learn more about Cantu's cooking philosophy in this recent TED Talk
along with former Moto pastry chef Ben Roche.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Oct. 2, through Dec. 11, 2012. Reservations are required; please call 855-8-DINING. This deal is valid Tuesdays-Thursdays only. Tasting menu subject to change. Must make reservation a minimum of 24 hours in advance and mention Travelzoo voucher. Please mention any allergies or dietary restrictions when making reservation. See below for full terms and conditions.