By Karl Klockars
CURRENT has only been open since May, but Crain's is already praising the "sophisticated menu" where "everything is impressively on target."
Why we love it
- This lakefront destination recently underwent a massive $38 million renovation
- Chef Greg Elliott has worked in top Chicago kitchens Lockwood and onesixtyblue
- The W Chicago Lakeshore has retained a AAA Four-Diamond rating since 2002
- Reserve on a summer Wednesday or Saturday to dine beneath the Navy Pier fireworks
July 15, 2014 - Oct. 15, 2014
CURRENT at W Chicago Lakeshore
644 N. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611
- For $45 (reg. $73) receive a contemporary Italian dinner for two
- A starter to share; choose from the cicchetti, antipasti or insalate menus (up to $14)
- Two pizzas, pastas or secondi, such as paccheri with lamb Bolognese, a grilled Slagel Farms pork chop with cipollini or a pizza with pancetta and roasted garlic (up to $25 each)
- A dessert to share; try the tiramisu or a selection of gelato and sorbet (up to $9)
- For $29 (reg. $52), have lunch by the lake for two
- A shared cicchetti, antipasti, zuppa or insalate (up to $10)
- Two sandwiches, panini, pizza or pasta (up to $17)
- Two drinks (soda, coffee, tea up to $4 each)
Diners at CURRENT can save on parking, too -- visitors can get validated for three hours of valet parking for $12, half off the normal rate.
The fine print
Valid daily during merchant's lunch or dinner hours, depending on option purchased. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service. Limit two vouchers per table. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Valid for two diners only. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in one visit.