By Karl Klockars
Headed by chef Roger Waysok, South Water Kitchen is a "gem" with "bold Midwestern cuisine" (Haute Living). Travelzoo subscribers can save on lunch and dinner.
Why we love it
- "This American comfort food kitchen is a hit in the Loop" (Gayot)
- Earns 4 stars on OpenTable, TripAdvisor and Urbanspoon from hundreds of reviewers
- Take a seat on the patio and dine with a beautiful view of the riverside skyline
- Located at the AAA 4-Diamond Hotel Monaco, one of the city's top 20 hotels (U.S. News and World Report 2014)
June 16, 2014 - Sept. 16, 2014; dinner available Sunday-Thursday only, lunch Monday-Friday
South Water Kitchen
225 N. Wabash Ave.
- For $59 (reg. $99), receive dinner for two in the dining room that "evokes the spirit of an old-fashioned city saloon" (Frommer's)
- Any one appetizer to share, such as devilled eggs with bacon, a duck confit flatbread with strawberries or a locally sourced cheese plate (up to $15)
- Any two entrees, such as seared scallops with lamb bacon, pork chops with honey-glazed carrots or a Slagel Farm sirloin steak (up to $30 each)
- Two drinks, including local craft beers or signature cocktails like the "Where There's Lightning" with rum and ginger liqueur (up to $12 each)
- Lunch is also available; for $19, select $40 worth of anything on the lunch menu for two people
The fine print
Dinner offer valid Sunday-Thursday only; lunch offer valid Monday-Friday only. Reservations required; subject to availability. Must call to make a reservation and reference voucher; no online reservations will be honored. Present voucher upon arrival; a printed voucher is the preferred method of voucher presentation. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Limit 1 voucher per table. Valid for two diners only. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change.
See all terms