By Karl Klockars
CBS Chicago says the skyline tours from Sun Aero Helicopters are some of the city's best. Subscribers can fly at day, night or sunset and save up to 40%.
Why we love it
- Flights last 35 minutes and soar along the Lake Michigan coastline to view the city's skyline
- The sunset flights include a bottle of wine for a romantic trip
- Valid through July -- reserve a special Mother's or Father's Day flight now
- Tours fly over the Museum of Science & Industry, Soldier Field, Buckingham Fountain, U.S. Cellular Field and Northerly Island
Jan. 28, 2014 - July 28, 2014; very limited availability through March
Sun Aero Helicopters Inc.
Lansing Municipal Airport
195th & Burnham Ave.
Lansing, IL 60438
- For $195 (reg. $332), reserve a daytime flight for two
- For $225 (reg. $332), reserve a flight at night for two
- For $275 (reg. $380), reserve a sunset flight for two with a bottle of wine
Want to see what a daytime tour looks like from the cockpit? Take a look at this video
The fine print
Valid Jan. 28, 2014 - July 28, 2014. Reservations required; subject to availability. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. 24-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture or extra fee. Valid for two people. Tours may be seated with other passengers. Must be under 300 lbs. per person to fly. Must be 3 years old or older to fly. Subject to weather conditions. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol.
See all terms