By Travelzoo Staff
The Chicago Sun-Times recommends trips from Wateriders as a great way to see the city from the river, and CBS' "Early Show" listed it among The Best of the Windy City. With this deal, subscribers can take a self-guided tour for two down the Chicago River in an electric-powered kayak, or "kayacht." This paddle-free experience is available any day of the week throughout the summer, starting at $39.
Why we love it
- Fodor's recommends it as a great alternative to other Chicago tours
- Tour the Chicago River at your own pace
- Includes a coupon for 20% off a same-day purchase at The Motel Bar
- Or take a kayak workout and exercise as you tour
June 11, 2013 - Oct. 20, 2013
950 N. Kingsbury St. Riverwalk
Chicago, IL 60610
- The following trips are available:
- For $39 (reg. $90), two can take a 90-minute kayacht tour Monday-Thursday
- For $49 (reg. $90), two can tour on Friday, Saturday or Sunday
- Passengers can follow the self-guided tour card past sights like the Merchandise Mart, Marina City and Trump Tower or explore the river at their own pace with no paddling required.
- Also available are Wateriders' Monday and Tuesday night kayak workout tours for 50% off. One can paddle for $25 or two can burn calories on the river for $40. All offers also include a coupon for 20% off same-day purchases at the nearby Motel Bar.
The fine print
Kayacht vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, June 13, or Friday, June 14, through Oct. 20, 2013. Kayak workout vouchers can be redeemed Monday, June 17, through Oct. 15, 2013. 48-hour online advance registration required. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on July 4-5 or Labor Day (Sept. 2). Kayacht rentals not valid for group events. Must arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled rental to sign waiver and a brief instruction session. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms