By Travelzoo Staff
Centerstage Chicago called Cook Au Vin a "French haven" that's "a slice of Paris right off Elston Avenue." Yelp users agree, awarding the Bucktown restaurant and cooking school 4.5 stars. With this Local Deal, enroll in a French pastry class led by trained pastry chefs for $60 per person, regularly $130. Two can enroll for $119, regularly $260.
Why we love it
- Learn to create classic French pastries, including macarons, eclairs and truffles
- Classes are BYOB with no corkage fee -- bring a special bottle to split during class
- Centerstage Chicago said Cook Au Vin brings a "taste of the City of Light to Chitown"
- Located in Bucktown near the Clybourn Metra stop
May 17, 2013 - July 24, 2013
Cook Au Vin
2256 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
- Students will spend an afternoon or evening in Cook Au Vin's kitchens learning how to make macarons, eclairs, chocolate truffles and chocolate ganache frosting, as well as pastry cream for a classic French Napoleon. At the end of class, students will get to enjoy their creations. Classes can last up to four hours and are limited to eight people for a full pastry immersion experience. All recipes will be provided so the skills can be applied at home.
- Classes are BYOB with bottled water on hand, and aprons and pastry hats will be provided as well. Cook Au Vin is located just minutes from the Kennedy in Bucktown and a short stroll north of the Clybourn Metra station.
The fine print
Classes can be booked starting Thursday, May 16, through July 24, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Class sizes are limited to 8 people; it is recommended that bookings be made up to a month in advance. Classes may be canceled or rescheduled if there are not at least 6 people registered within 1 week of scheduled class. A $35 per person or $55 per couple rescheduling fee applies if request is made more than 24 hours in advance; cancellation within 24 hours or less will result in loss of voucher. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms