By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $199, hit the gas along straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame. This two-hour "Qualifier" package at the Chicagoland Speedway saves $200 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $199, drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at the Chicagoland Speedway, regularly $399
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes a track orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
March 22, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
500 Speedway Blvd.
Joliet, IL 60433
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an eight-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
The fine print
Current dates for races and ride-alongs are April 27-28; June 28-30; July 6-7; Oct. 5-6. If more race dates are added, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Reservations are required and can be made here; subject to availability, weather and track conditions. Must be 18 years or older with valid driver's license to drive; must be 14 or older to participate in a ride-along. Drivers must be between 5'-6'7" tall, and between 100-300 lbs. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms