By Travelzoo Staff
CenterstageChicago says you'll thank the chefs and instructors at Bucktown's Cook Au Vin "for bringing a little taste of the City of Light to Chitown," and Time Out Chicago
writers named chef Vincent Colombet's baguettes one of the best things they ate in 2010. With this half-off deal, one or two people can learn to make bread from Chef Colombet, whose Boulangerie bakery serves top Chicago restaurants like Longman & Eagle, Pastoral and Hopleaf as well as his own Logan Square and Lakeview patrons.
Why we love it
- Learn the secrets of one of Chicago's top bread-makers, chef Vincent Colombet
- Chef Colombet's breads are used at top restaurants like Longman & Eagle and Hopleaf
- Classes are BYOB with no corkage fee -- bring a special bottle to split during class
- Learn to create 3 kinds of bread, including classic baguettes
- With redemption through July, these make great Valentine's Day or Mother's Day gifts
Feb. 26, 2013 - July 24, 2013
Cook Au Vin
2256 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
- Select from the following offers:
- For $60, regularly up to $130, book a class for one person
- For $119, regularly up to $260, reserve space for two people
- During class, students learn to create three kinds of dough for sourdough, baguettes and wheat bread and learn proper techniques while working with Cook Au Vin's huge stone oven. After the bread is pulled from the oven, students can enjoy their creations with a sampling of cheese and charcuterie, as well as any bottles of wine brought from home.
- Home chefs can also learn to make their own eclairs, macaroons, truffles and chocolate ganache in the pastry class, also available with this offer.
The fine print
Classes can be booked starting Tuesday, Feb. 26, through July 24, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Class sizes are limited to 8-16 people depending on the class; it is recommended that bookings be made up to a month in advance. Classes may be canceled or rescheduled if there are not at least 6 people registered within 1 week of scheduled class. A $55 cancellation or rescheduling fee applies if request is made more than 24 hours in advance; cancellation within 24 hours or less will result in loss of voucher. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms