By Travelzoo Staff
Both the RedEye
recommend a rental from the Chicago Electric Boat Company as a great way to get on the river during the spring and summer (especially during the Navy Pier fireworks!), and Yelpers award these cruises 4.5 stars. With this deal, gather up to 10 friends and set sail on a two- or three-hour BYOB Chicago River cruise any day of the week this summer.
Why we love it
- Spend up to 3 hours on the Chicago River in an easy-to-maneuver electric boat
- Up to 10 can cruise together, or plan a romantic river trip just for 2
- All cruises are BYOB; bring beverages and a picnic lunch or dinner
- Cruises can be planned as early as 10 a.m. - plan a weekend brunch cruise
- Trips can be reserved every day of the week for $99; this is the best deal we've seen this season
- Act fast and schedule a cruise during the Navy Pier fireworks Wednesdays and Saturdays
April 30, 2013 - Nov. 1, 2013
Chicago Electric Boat Company
300 N. State St.
Marina Level – Unit EE
Chicago, IL 60654
- For $99, regularly $300, reserve a boat for two hours
- For $169, regularly $450, take a three-hour tour
- Depart from Chicago's iconic Marina City beneath the House of Blues, in the heart of River North. Because all cruises are BYOB, coolers are provided or you can bring your own. Food can also be brought onboard; purchase it to-go from the many nearby restaurants.
- Captains and tour guides are available to accompany your party for an additional fee (limit 6 people for boats with a captain). All boats have iPod hookups, CD players and radios, so sailors can provide their own soundtrack. Remember, if you plan to BYOB, don't forget to designate a driver.
The fine print
Update (April 30, 1:30 p.m.): The 3-hour rentals are now sold out. 2-hour rentals are still available. Reservations can be made immediately; vouchers are valid through Nov. 1, 2013. Must visit this page and follow voucher instructions to make reservation. Reservations will not be taken by phone. 24-hour cancellation policy. Not valid on May 27, July 4th, August 17-18 and Sept. 2. Must be 21 or older to rent and drive with valid license. A credit card is required to confirm reservation. 9% city amusement tax not included. $500 deposit required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms