By Travelzoo Staff
Centerstage Chicago says you'll thank the chefs and instructors at Bucktown's Cook Au Vin "for bringing a little taste of the City of Light to Chitown." The school's hands-on, gourmet cooking classes have earned an impressive 4.5-star rating from Yelp users, and with this exclusive Local Deal, subscribers can book any class including the special holiday-themed menu created specifically for Travelzoo starting at $75 per person, regularly $150. Save even more and book classes as a group.
Why we love it
- For $75, enroll in a cooking class at Cook Au Vin, regularly $150
- Class choices include gourmet French menus, holiday dishes, bread-making and pastry creation
- Learn to create dishes like lobster Thermidor and scallops carpaccio
- All classes are BYOB -- bring a bottle of wine (or 2) to enjoy during class
- Book the entire class for your own private group for $799
- Cook Au Vin's sister bakery, Le Boulangerie, provides breads to top restaurants and retailers like Longman & Eagle and Pastoral
Sept. 28, 2012 - March 13, 2013
Cook Au Vin
2256 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
- Select from the following packages:
- For $75, regularly $150, book a class for one
- For $149, regularly $300, book a class for two
- For $285, regularly $600, book a class for four
- For $799, book a private class for up to 12, regularly $1800
- Travelzoo is the first to offer students the new four-course, holiday-themed "Le Cotillion" and "Le Cousteau" menus, where you'll learn cooking fundamentals like knife skills and temperature control as well as how to create gourmet French food. Dishes include sauteed pear wrapped in smoked salmon; tournedos of turkey created with molecular gastronomy techniques and paired with a savory cranberry sauce; scallops with lemon and truffle oil; lobster Thermidor; and flambeed baked Alaska, where students will learn to safely set food aflame.
- Students can also enroll in Cook Au Vin's popular bread-making classes, where students learn to create traditional French baguettes, sourdough and multigrain breads, or the pastry-making class, where students make their own eclairs, chocolate ganache, chocolate truffles and macarons.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Oct. 1, through March 13, 2013. Reservations are required. Class sizes are limited to 8-12 people depending on the class; it is recommended that bookings be made up to a month in advance. Classes may be canceled or rescheduled if there are not at least 6 people registered within 1 week of scheduled class. A $55 cancellation or rescheduling fee applies if request is made more than 24 hours in advance; cancellation within 24 hours or less will result in loss of voucher. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms