By Karl Klockars
Clear your calendar, foodies -- the Roots of American Food Conference returns to Chicago with a once-in-a-lifetime lineup of culinary powerhouses.
Why we love it
- Eater.com called last year's conference "epic"
- Celebrates the career of Jeremiah Tower, one of the founding fathers of California Cuisine
- This is a Travelzoo-exclusive offer; only we have tickets at a discount
- Dinner features six courses prepared by some of the country's top chefs
- Purchase multiple vouchers and attend with your favorite foodie
Sept. 7-8, 2014
The Roots of American Food
At the Wyndham Grand Hotel
71 E. Wacker Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
- For $179 (reg. $250), reserve a two-day admission for one to the conference
- This year's theme for presenters is "Influences"
- Presenters include Dave Beran (Next Restaurant, Food & Wine Best New Chef), Bryce Shuman (Eleven Madison Park) and Dominique Crenn (2 Michelin Stars, 2008 Esquire Chef of the Year)
- Includes lunch; Sunday's meal prepared by Del Posto pastry chef Brooks Headley, Monday provided by Do-Rite Chicken & Donuts
- For $199 (reg. $250), reserve a seat at the table for the six-course Night One Dinner
- Dinner features dishes prepared by Gerard Craft (James Beard Best Chef: Midwest finalist), David Posey (Blackbird, James Beard Rising Chef finalist) and Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krazinski (State Bird Provisions, named "America's Best New Restaurant" by Bon Appetit)
- Voucher price includes wine pairings, tax and gratuity
- Dinner is served in the 39th-floor ballroom of the Wyndham Grand Hotel featuring stunning skyline and river views
The fine print
Conference takes place between 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on both days. Dinner offer takes place at 7 p.m. on Sept. 7, 2014. Date specific event, all sales final. No refunds or exchanges. Reservations not required; voucher serves as your ticket. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Valid for one person. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in one visit.