By Karl Klockars
Opened in 1987, Shatter Glass Group is the city's first and oldest glass-teaching facility. Utilize those years of experience and save 55% on private classes.
Why we love it
- Learn to create your own beer glass, threaded birds nest or paperweight
- Private classes are led by owner and nationally-renowned glass artist Lance Friedman
- Includes all protective gear and required materials -- just show up and learn from a working professional
- Named New Talent for the Millennium by Glass Magazine, Friedman's works are on permanent display at the Corning Museum of Glass
June 9, 2014 - Dec. 9, 2014
Shatter Glass Group
3400 N. Knox Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641
- For $75 (reg. $170), reserve a glass-working class for 1
- For $149 (reg. $340), reserve a glass-working class for 2
- Choose a Private Orientation lesson or an Intro to Solid Glass Sculpture Technique
- Private Orientation Lessons last two hours and students get to take home a glass paperweight of their own creation
- Solid Glass Sculpture classes allow students to learn to create a solid glass "branch" of wood or bird's nest with threaded glass and chemically "age" their works
- Create your own beer or juice glass in a mold-blowing workshop; one can enroll for $85 (reg. $180) or reserve a class for two for $179 (reg. $360)
- Students will blow glass into cherrywood molds to create the glassware of their choice & stamp their initials in their creation
The fine print
Reservations required; subject to availability. Visit shatterglassgroup.com and click "Schedule Now" to make a reservation; follow site instructions and reference voucher. Must present voucher upon arrival to complete redemption. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. 24-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Valid for 1 or 2 persons only. Limit 1 purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture.
See all terms