By Travelzoo Staff
Take a history-filled getaway to Springfield, Ill., where “the legacies of Abraham Lincoln and Route 66 keep both the 1850s and the 1950s alive” (Midwest Living). Visitors can consume history -- and the original corn dog -- with an exclusive $99-per-night package from the State House Inn that saves 45% on current prices.
Why we love it
- This offer also includes two tickets to the highly acclaimed Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, which houses the original Gettysburg Address.
- The suites feature a separate bedroom and living area with a futon, plus a microwave and fridge. Guests receive free Wi-Fi and hot breakfast each morning.
- On the way to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, guests can walk by the Old State Capitol, where Lincoln announced "A house divided against itself cannot stand" in the days leading up to the Civil War. Just past downtown, head to Cozy Dog Drive In for the original corn dog and relive Route 66's heyday.
State House Inn
101 East Adams
Springfield, IL 62701
What's included & when
- Mondays-Saturdays through Dec. 31
- $99 per night in an upgraded deluxe suite that can sleep up to two adults and two children
- Two tickets to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
- $25 for lunch at Café Brio
- Two drinks at the No Name Bar
- Free breakfast & Wi-Fi
- Purchase multiple vouchers to stay multiple nights
The fine print
Update: Due to the popularity of this offer, the following dates have now sold out: Aug. 8, 10, 14-17, 24-28, 30-31, Sept. 13, 20-21, 27-28; Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 217-528-5100 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms