By Travelzoo Staff
Steal away on a winter escape to charming Galena, voted one of the Best Midwest Small-Town Getaways by Midwest Living magazine. This exclusive $99-per-night package at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa saves 40% on current prices and includes a $25 credit to spend at the resort's restaurants, spa or golf course. Visit Sunday-Thursday through March; weekends are $20 more per night.
Why we love it
- Set on 6,800 acres, the sprawling Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa comes alive in winter, with numerous snowbound activities including cross-country skiing, sledding, ice skating and horse-drawn sleigh rides. Or, hit the slopes at nearby Chestnut Mountain.
- After a day out in the elements, use the $25 credit to sample locally sourced cuisine at Woodland's restaurant or on casual fare at Spikes Bar & Grill, featuring panoramic views of the resort's golf course. The credit also can be used toward a soothing massage or other treatment at Stonedrift Spa. Close out the evening with a cup of hot chocolate by the fire.
- As part of this deal, travelers can opt for a $179 two-night package, which includes a $50 resort credit. Weekends are $20 more.
- Galena is 1.5 hours from Cedar Rapids, less than two hours from Rockford and Madison, three hours from Chicago and 3.5 hours from Des Moines.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
444 Eagle Ridge Drive
Galena, IL 61036
What's included & when
- Nov. 8, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- Charming Galena winter escape for 2 at the Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa at 40% off
- $99 per night, Sunday-Thursday, or $119 per night Friday-Saturday
- $179 for 2 nights, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals, or $199 for 2 nights, Thursday-Saturday arrivals
- 1-night stays include a $25 resort credit to spend at the restaurants, spa or on golf
- 2-night stays include a $50 resort credit
- Travel through March
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-892-2269 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Nov. 22; Dec. 25, 31; Jan. 18-19; Feb. 15-16. An $18 daily resort fee is extra. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms