By Chris Vassil
"You have missed out" if haven't attended the Meals on Wheels Chicago Celebrity Chef Ball (Eater Chicago). The fundraiser celebrates its 25th anniversary Oct. 26.
Why we love it
- All-night samplings from 70-plus chefs and mixologists from the city's top restaurants
- Chefs include Jimmy Bannos (The Purple Pig/Heaven on Seven), Patrick Sheerin (Trencherman) and Bill Kim (bellyQ)
- 100% of your purchase will benefit Meals on Wheels Chicago
- Each year, the Celebrity Chef Ball raises more than $200,000 for Meals on Wheels Chicago
- Supports Chicago's home-bound senior citizens and individuals with disabilities
Oct. 26, 2013
Meals on Wheels Chicago
Zhou B. Art Center
1029 W 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60609
- For $75 per person, reg. $150, this offer includes a ticket to the Chef's Tasting Party from 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- Savor countless chef samplings, premium cocktails, wine
and beer; partake in a silent auction; and live it up with an
interactive photo station and live entertainment
- Or for $199 per person, reg. $350, purchase a ticket to the VIP Chef's Table -- a seated, interactive dining experience with live cooking by celebrity chefs, specialty cocktails and wine pairings
- The VIP Chef's Table experience begins at 6:30 p.m. and also includes access to the Chef's Tasting Party
Meals on Wheels Chicago generates nearly one-fourth of its annual revenue at the ball, which, in turn, helps provide more than 70,000 meals a year. A limited number of tickets are available, so act quickly.
The fine print
Valid for entry to the 2013 Meals on Wheels Chicago Celebrity Chef Ball on Oct. 26, 2013. The VIP Chef's Table begins at 6:30 p.m. and the Chef's Tasting Party begins at 8:30 p.m. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in 1 visit. This voucher is for a date-specific event. Once the voucher is purchased, no refunds will be given. Not valid after event date. Must be 21 years or older to attend.