By Travelzoo Staff
Steppenwolf's production of "The Birthday Party" starts next week featuring "Frasier" star John Mahoney. Tickets are now 50% off to select performances of Nobel Laureate Harold Pinter's riveting dark comedy.
Why we love it
- Steppenwolf''s "The Birthday Party" starts next week
- All seats are 50% off, $22-$32.50 (reg. $44-$65) at the intimate Upstairs Theatre
- Select weekday and weekend performances are discounted Jan. 24 - Feb. 15
- The cast includes "Frasier" star and Steppenwolf ensemble member John Mahoney in the dark comedy
- According to The New York Times, "Harold Pinter ... The most influential and imitated dramatist of his generation."
Jan. 17, 2013 - Feb. 15, 2013
'The Birthday Party'
Steppenwolf Theatre Company
1650 North Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60614
Tel: (312) 335-1650
- Discounted tickets are $22-$32.50 (reg. $44-$65) to the following performances at the intimate Upstairs Theatre:
- Thursday, Jan. 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 26 at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- At a sleepy boarding house in England, the usual routine is interrupted by the appearance of two mysterious strangers. They become guests at longtime tenant Stanley's surprise birthday party which, after a few glasses of whiskey and a mysterious blackout, takes a turn for the worst.
- Booking Instructions
- To purchase tickets, click "Buy Now." Click "Buy Tickets." Click "Enter a promo code," enter code TRAVEL and click "Submit." Click "Buy Tickets" and choose a date and time on the calendar. Choose quantity of tickets and click "Reserve Tickets." Review order and click "Checkout." Log in or create an account to finish purchase. You can also book by phone at (312) 335-1650 with the promo code. Mobile users: Click “Calendar” and choose a date and time. Click “Buy” and then “Do You Have A Promo Code?” to enter code TRAVEL.
The fine print
Update (Jan. 22 at 11 a.m. CST): Due to the popularity of this deal, the Feb. 1 performance is sold out, and there is limited availability for Jan. 25-27; Feb. 6, 8-9. See Booking Instructions for step-by-step details. Additional fees of $3 per ticket. Fees are determined by the venue and ticketing agent and not by Travelzoo.