By Travelzoo Staff
Zagat gives The Diamond Restaurant, which has been around since 1945, a "very good to excellent" (23) rating, calling it a "lively throwback" and praising the renovated landmark for its "mixed crowd of neighborhood locals, hipsters and old folks." With this Local Deal for $19, regularly $37, two people can savor "tasty comfort food" (Zagat) at the neighborhood diner that Urbanspoon users give a 4.5-star rating.
Why we love it
- Zagat praises The Diamond Restaurant for its "tasty comfort food"
- Urbanspoon users give it a 4.5-star rating
- For $19, 2 people can get a starter and entree each, regularly $37
- Or for $35, bring a group of four and dine for less than $9 each
- Both make great holiday gifts or stocking stuffers
Dec. 3, 2012 - March 3, 2013
The Diamond Restaurant
1901 Commonwealth Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28205
- This holiday, head over to Plaza Midwood -- recently voted America's Next Great Neighborhood by Southern Living Magazine -- and check out the local shops before you dine.
- Any two starters, such as hot pimiento cheese dip, deep-fried pork shanks or the classic fried pickles, voted the city's best by Creative Loafing
- Two entrees, like the barbecue dipped fried chicken with macaroni and cheese and fried okra; the Full Blown Hemi burger with three patties; or a jumbo soy dog with veggie chili and slaw (up to $9.95 each)
- Or for $35, regularly $74, four people can get the same meal for $9 per person.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Dec. 3, through March 3, 2013. Present voucher upon arrival. Vouchers are valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Valid for dine-in only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms