By Travelzoo Staff
Cook alongside innkeeper and former White House chef Marti Mongiello, who cooked for Bill and Hillary Clinton, with this three-hour gourmet cooking class and dinner.
Why we love it
- Home to the Presidential Culinary Museum and Culinary Arts Food & Fun Institute
- Mongiello was the executive chef at Camp David and cooked in the White House
- Located in Grover, N.C.; 40 miles west of Charlotte
- For $198, pair a cooking lesson with a night at the inn
- Bed-and-breakfast rated "extraordinary to perfection" (Zagat)
Dec. 13, 2013 - July 26, 2014; cooking classes held Wednesdays & Saturdays
The Inn of the Patriots
301 Cleveland Ave.
Grover, NC 28073
- For $99 (reg. $210), culinary aficionados will learn to prepare a meal fit for a president, taking part in three hours of preparation and instruction, followed by a gourmet dinner
- Menu items may include Dolley Madison's ginger cake, President Jefferson's beef vol au vent or handmade baklava that Chef Mongiello cooked for the king and queen of Jordan
- All classes are BYOB and include all necessary tools and ingredients
- For $198 (reg. up to $519), pair your class with a one-night stay at the bed-and-breakfast
- Overnight stay includes a 3-course breakfast, guided tour of the culinary museum and wine tasting at the nearby Buffalo Creek Vineyards
- Note: Room stays are valid for up to 2 people; an additional voucher will be required if both parties would like to attend the cooking class
The fine print
Cooking classes take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning at 2 p.m. Reservations are required and can be made at www.theinnofthepatriots.com. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Cooking class and overnight stay must be used in 1 visit. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 12 years or older to participate.
See all terms