By Travelzoo Staff
Winner of the Wine Growers of Excellence Award, Tommy and Amie Baudoin produce estate-grown wines on land that has been in their family for five generations.
Why we love it
- Includes tour, tastings of double-gold-winning wine and 2 Riedel wine glasses
- Perfect 5-star rating on TripAdvisor
- 2 can visit Saturdays or Sundays for $6 more
- Travelzoo subscribers praise the "total experience"
Aug. 27, 2013 - Oct. 11, 2013; Wednesday - Saturday
Morgan Ridge Vineyards
486 John Morgan Rd.
Gold Hill, NC 28071
- Guided tour, 13 wine samples and cheese plate for two for $18 (reg. $40) (Wednesday - Friday)
- Try the double-gold-winning cabernet sauvignon and syrah
- Tour features an overview of the Piedmont land where seven varietals are grown and the tank and barrel rooms where the grapes are processed
- Each guest receives a souvenir Riedel wine glass to take home
- Same experience is available on Saturdays and Sundays for $24 (reg. $40)
- Groups of four can visit Wednesday-Friday for $32, or during the weekend for $38, both packages regularly $80
The fine print
Reservations are required and subject to availability. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance. Vouchers are valid for specific days of the week. Winery tours run every hour on the hour up to 1 hour before close. Morgan Ridge Vineyards is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Not valid on major holidays.
See all terms