By Travelzoo Staff
The Inn of the Patriots is a 19th century bed-and-breakfast that’s also home to the Presidential Culinary Museum and the Culinary Arts Food & Fun Institute. Visitors can cook alongside innkeeper and former White House chef Marti Mongiello, who cooked for Bill and Hillary Clinton, with this three-hour gourmet cooking class for $99, regularly $210.
Why we love it
- Cook with former White House chef Marti Mongiello
- 3-hour cooking lesson followed by gourmet dinner
- Mongiello was the executive chef at Camp David and cooked in the White House
- Located in Grover, N.C.; 40 miles west of Charlotte
- For $198, pair a cooking lesson with a night at the inn
July 30, 2013 - July 26, 2014
The Inn of the Patriots
301 Cleveland Avenue
Grover, NC 28073
- Culinary aficionados will learn to prepare a meal fit for a president, taking part in three hours of preparation and instruction, followed by a gourmet dinner. Menu items may include Dolley Madison's ginger cake, President Jefferson's beef vol au vent or handmade baklava that Chef Mongiello cooked for the king and queen of Jordan. Cooking classes take place Wednesday and Saturdays at 2 p.m. All classes are BYOB and include all necessary tools and ingredients.
- For $198, regularly up to $519, pair your class with a one-night stay at the bed-and-breakfast, deemed “extraordinary to perfection" (27) by Zagat. Overnight stay includes a 3-course breakfast, guided tour of the culinary museum and wine tasting at the nearby Buffalo Creek Vineyards.
- Note: Room stays are valid for up to 2 people; an additional voucher will be required if both parties would like to attend the cooking class.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, Aug. 3, through July 26, 2014. Cooking classes take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning at 2 p.m. Reservations are required and can be made at www.theinnofthepatriots.com. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours’ notice. Cooking class and overnight stay must be used in 1 visit. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 12 years or older to participate. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms