By Travelzoo Staff
The Globe and Mail
describes Wings & Slicks' stunt-driving course as akin to being "on the set of an action movie
." For $279, regularly $699, find out what it's like to be a stunt driver by spending half a day learning about and executing elaborate tricks in a BMW.
Why we love it
- Execute stunts such as slalom-course runs, 180-degree spins and J turns
- "It feels like I'm ... surrounded by actual stunt drivers" (The Globe and Mail)
- Save $420 on a stunt-driving class where you'll be behind the wheel of a BMW 328i Coupe
- Or try your hand at learning how to drive a Formula 2000 car for $295, regularly $595
April 11, 2013 - May 19, 2013
Wings & Slicks
8787 McHugh St.
Windsor, N8S 0A1
- The day begins with a classroom session covering safety rules and driving tips. Then, get behind the wheel of a BMW 328i Coupe with automatic transmission for four 10-minute sessions, executing a variety of stunts such as slalom-course runs, 180-degree spins and J turns. Lastly, finish off with a timed and judged competition round.
- Get a feel for what it's like to be an aspiring stunt driver with this video.
- Other racing thrill ride packages include:
- For $49 (reg. $99), a stunt driver ride-along experience: Spend four 10-minute sessions watching instructors execute the same tricks as the stunt-driving experience without the pressures of sitting behind the wheel.
- For $295 (reg. $595), a half-day Formula 2000 driving experience: Hop in the driver's seat and experience acceleration, braking and cornering without speed limits or pace cars to hold you back (must be 265 pounds or less to participate; individuals under 5 feet or over 6-foot-4 may have difficulty driving the Formula car).
- For $1,499 (reg. $4,194), book a half-day stunt-driving experience for six.
- For $1,699 (reg. $3,570), book a half-day Formula 2000 driving experience for six.
- Classes will be held in the parking lot at WFCU Centre in Windsor, located about 25 minutes outside Detroit.
- For the half-day Formula 2000 driving experience, please note a fee of CAD$59.82 (which includes a $19 insurance fee and HST based on the full value of the package) is not included and will be charged at the time of scheduling on website.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed May 18-19 (more dates may be added based on demand). Reservations are required. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Changes to reservations made within 15 days may result in a $50 rebooking fee. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Please note a fee of CAD$59.82 (which includes a $19 insurance fee and HST based on the full value of the package) is not included and will be charged at the time of scheduling on website. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms