By Travelzoo Staff
Creativity is ignited in Kawartha Lakes this season with a weekend escape for two that saves nearly 45% on regular pricing. For $289, this two-night package includes either an art or cooking class for two, daily breakfast, and a $50 spa credit -- which can be used toward services such as hot stone body massage and deep cleansing facial.
Why we love it
- Accommodations at Viamede Resort include two double beds, or one queen or king bed, microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator; some feature whirlpool tubs, fireplaces and lake views (based on availability).
- While creative sessions such as beading, card making and specialized culinary classes are the draw through April, spring weather entices in May -- when stays instead include a $50 food and beverage credit for the resort's on-site pub.
- Nestled on a picturesque lakeshore less than two hours from Toronto, the property is ideally located for exploring the region's three provincial parks and three conservation areas; numerous snowshoe, ski and snowmobile trails; and the more than 200 lakes.
- Guests can join staff as they feed local deer daily, many of which will eat right out of your hand. A selection of movies, books and boardgames is available to borrow from the front desk, and the property offers complimentary Wi-Fi and an on-site fitness centre.Note: Art and cooking classes are not available in May. Cooking classes are available every Saturday through April and art classes on select Saturdays; visit Viamede's events page to learn more. Guests who arrive on Thursdays may check out late on Saturday to allow for class attendance.
595 Mount Julian Viamede Road
Woodview, ON K0L 3E0
What's included & when
- Feb. 11, 2013 - May 31, 2013
- Kawartha Lakes weekend escape at Viamede Resort for nearly 45% off
- $289 for 2 nights March through April, arrive Thursdays-Fridays
- Choice of an on-site art class or cooking class for 2
- Daily breakfast for 2 (reg. $60)
- $50 spa credit
- May Getaway: Stay 2 nights any day of the week in May for $329; receive a $50 food & beverage credit, a $50 spa credit or $100 future stay credit, and breakfast for 2 daily
For those who do not want to take advantage of the $50 spa credit, the resort will offer a $100 resort credit to be used on a future stay.
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the resort directly at 1-800-461-1946 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available: May 17-19, 24-25. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Spa appointments must be arranged at time of reservation. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms