By Travelzoo Staff
Whisk away for an overnight escape where calming waterfalls and scenic park views surround the historic Moulin Wakefield Mill -- a restored flour mill that still incorporates parts of the original building. Relax for $139 per night, including $50 to spend on dining and two $25 spa credits -- a savings of 50% on regular pricing. Travel Sundays-Fridays through May 10. Two-night stays are also available.
Why we love it
- Each Loft or Park room offers unique characteristics that showcase the history of the Mill. For $20 more, stay in a Waterfall or River room. Waterfall rooms face the MacLaren Falls, while River rooms, in the newest part of the hotel, overlook the flowing waters of Gatineau River.
- Rich in history, the mill was renovated in the year 2000 to become a destination inn and spa. Original elements were preserved and used in areas of today's building including exposed stone walls in some guest rooms and room numbers made from leather belts used to connect the mill wheels.
- The former engine room now sets the scene for the inn's dining room, where guests can indulge in traditional French and Quebecois style cuisine. Warm up by the fireplace while enjoying plates such as a creme brulee of local goat cheese or a trout, lobster and shrimp main course.
- Spa-goers can relax in what used to be a turbine room while receiving treatments such as a massage, a Marine Breeze purifying facial or a manicure that includes an herbal hand soak, exfoliation and hand massage – while taking in panoramic views of the waterfalls and river.
Moulin Wakefield Mill
60 Mill Road
Wakefield, QC J0X 3G0
What's included & when
- Nov. 1, 2012 - May 10, 2013
- Serene escape for 2 to Moulin Wakefield Mill, steps from scenic Gatineau Park, at 50% off regular pricing
- $139 for 1 night in a Loft or Park room (reg. $179); upgrade to a Waterfall or River room for $20 more (reg. $199)
- $50 to spend on dining at the hotel's fine dining restaurant
- $25 spa credit per person
- Travel Sundays-Fridays through May 10, 2013
- Make it a 2-night stay for $229 in a Loft or Park room (reg. $458) or $249 in a River or Waterfall room (reg. $498)
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 1-888-567-1838 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: all Saturdays and Dec. 23 - Jan. 3, Feb. 14-19. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Call ahead to make spa and restaurant reservations. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms