By Travelzoo Staff
Typically to get inside a chef's head -- to find out why they added a dash of this or a speck of that -- you'd need to pin down an elusive (and often pricey) ticket to a chef's table. At Vermont's Essex Resort & Spa, however, we've arranged a deal where you can hobnob with the "confident and precise" chef (per The Burlington Free Press) during a stay that slashes nearly 50% off current prices.
Why we love it
- Arrive any day Sunday-Wednesday through October for a two-night stay in a traditional room for $299 (reg. $478). For $449, check in any day Thursday-Saturday for a two-night stay (reg. $598). All stays include daily breakfast for two ($64 value), where you can pick from a menu boasting treats like pumpkin bread French toast or a lox salad prepared with salmon from Maine.
- Start the evening with admission for two to the resort's brand-new "Amusing Hour" (reg. $40), a culinary twist on happy hour where the chefs mingle with guests while preparing and serving appetizers, amuse bouches, and signature cocktails assembled from fresh, locally sourced ingredients. The Free Press further praises the chef, saying it's "fun and interesting and gratifying to be on the eating end of his selections."
- After filling your stomach, fill up the rest of the day with all the other activities available at this AAA 4-Diamond resort. There is a full-service spa, an outdoor pool with waterfall, and a cooking academy that can further expand your culinary skills. The resort can help arrange other excursions, from putting across the nearby golf course to cycling through the forest to floating above it all in a hot-air balloon.
The Essex Resort & Spa
70 Essex Way
Essex, VT 05452
What's included & when
- Sept. 5, 2012 - Oct. 31, 2012
- A culinary romp for 2 through Vermont's Green Mountains at the AAA 4-Diamond Essex Resort & Spa
$299 for a 2-night stay, arrive any day Sunday-Wednesday (reg. $478)
$449 for a 2-night stay, arrive any day Thursday-Saturday (reg. $598)
Daily breakfast for 2 (reg. $64)
Admission to the "Amusing Hour" on 1 of the nights, including appetizers and 1 signature cocktail each (reg. $40)
Travel through October
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-727-4295 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Taxes, gratuity and $15 daily resort fee are additional. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms